OPUS MEDIA PLAYER maintains a separate policy on the handling of complaints under the relevant copyright legislations which is incorporated as below:
- That OPUS MEDIA PLAYER is an intermediary only providing a platform for accessing user-generated data.
- That it is very hard to monitor every single file on the platform for copyright violations.
- That OPUS MEDIA PLAYER takes instances of copyright violations very seriously and has established a new procedure to deal with such cases of reported copyright infringements.
- That the OPUS MEDIA PLAYER expeditiously deals with such reported cases of copyright infringement and suspend or terminate the accounts of user(s) found to infringe copyrights of others.
The following process is incorporated into the copyright infringement redressal policy and any action shall be taken upon strict compliance with the procedure set out below:
- The owner of the copyright that is alleged to have been infringed by any user-generated content accessed on OPUS MEDIA PLAYER shall send a notice detailing location, URL, proof of similarity with the copyrighted content and any other details as the owner may deem fit. Such notice shall be signed by the copyright owner or their authorized representative and emailed in a pdf format at email@example.com.
- Upon receipt of the notice, such notice shall be forwarded to the user to be given an opportunity to defend the alleged offending content.
- OPUS MEDIA PLAYER, after reviewing the notice and reply, then, shall either suspend or terminate the user account.
- OPUS MEDIA PLAYER shall on repeated offences shall disconnect the account of such user who has posted offending content repeatedly.
Any grievances resulting out this copyright redressal procedure may be sent to our team at firstname.lastname@example.org